For a college student, there is no worse feeling than being hungry and having no food in the house. When I encounter this unfortunate situation, I put together my grocery list with all the necessary foods of a college kid, always keeping budget in mind. Every night is different, which means I will be buying a lot more than just a few lunchables or microwavable dinners. Despite the budgetary constraints many college students face, everyone knows that to have the best party, get-together or simple hangout, you’ve gotta have the best food!
My personal food addictions that are just for me include:
- Milk and Cinnamon Toast Crunch— it’s a MUST!
- Mac and cheese
- Frozen pizza
- Chicken – perfect for any meal
- Tostinos Pizza Rolls = Munchies
With the weekend in mind, it is important that the household is STOCKED with food and other essentials
- 2-Liter Bottles of Soda - Coke and Mountain Dew are my picks. Sometimes the grocery stores even have a deal going on, so keep an eye out for those!
- 3 bags of chips – thank god for family size!
- Solo Cups – simply a college grocery staple for the weekend
When you feel like hanging out at home with the bros, or having a girls’ night in, everyone needs the following:
- Movie (Rocky IV for the guys and The Notebook or some other romantic comedy for girls)
- Ice Cream – Cookies and Cream for sure
- More soda of course
For all those other days or nights, something simple is always the best way to go:
- Ramen noodles
- Campbell’s Soup
- Frozen pizza
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Lunch meat
With those lists in mind, any college student can easily prepare themselves with the perfect grocery list to suit any occasion at especially affordable prices.