As the summer months approach, the time has come to embrace Happy Hour season. Restaurants are practically begging students to spend time out in the beautiful weather that Tempe has to offer. Below is a list of our top ten favorite Happy Hour spots and why they rock. All ASU students (who are 21+ of course) should definitely check these out. Let us know what you think!
- Barney's Boathouse: This is a great place to grab a drink while out in the fun and sun. The bar's seating is primarily outdoors and offers a Florida boathouse-like atmosphere in the middle of the desert. Renown for their 50 cent draft beers on Thursdays, you can expect to see many members of the senior class hitting up this spot in the early afternoon.
- Devil’s Advocate: Another well known Thursday hangout, which is primarily located in doors. This establishment has changed names many times over the years. It seems they have found the name that could stick with them for a while. Their 2-for-1 drink specials on Thursday draw a huge crowd. While the walls of this place are lined with old bookshelves, don’t expect to find anyone reading at this college hangout.
- La Bocca: This restaurant is a taste of modern Italy right on Mill Ave. This place is well known for its specialty pizzas. On Fridays and Saturdays enjoy half off all drinks from 10pm to close. Another great special is 2-4-1 Pizza Tuesdays. Look for beautiful people, great Italian food, and let the drinks flow.
- Mellow Mushroom: If you're a newcomer to Mill Avenue, Mellow Mushroom is the perfect place for great food and great deals. With over a 100 different beers to chose from, they offer various deals such as $3 glasses of wine, ½ off local beers and combo deals for pizza and beer!
- Firehouse: Firehouse features plush leather couches and booths inside, as well as Scottsdale’s biggest outdoor cocktail party on the patio. Speaking of the patio…who likes a comfy hammock to relax in? How about a swing or two? Find both of those at Firehouse and more. Happy hour specials include $3 Import and domestic bottles until 10pm, $4 wells and calls from 4-8pm everyday and the 1am Power Hour where all drinks are doubles from 1am-2am!
- My Big Fat Greek Restaurant: This is a great place to go if you’re looking for some cheap Mediterranean cuisine along with some imported beers. Unlike many of the other places mentioned this has much less of a party feel. Enjoy half of drinks and appetizers 3pm-6pm on Monday- Friday.
- Robbie Fox’s: Right in the middle of Mill Avenue, this Irish pub is a great place to enjoy Happy Hour specials during the day and late night. You can enjoy $1 off drafts and wells Saturday afternoons or take advantage of appetizers and wine Sunday afternoons.
- Jack Rabbit Lounge: A popular night club to hit up while in Old Town, Scottsdale. Live acts performing with international and local DJ's has made Jack Rabbit Scottsdale’s hottest nightspot. A full-service bar and plenty of seating make Jack Rabbit the king of Scottsdale nightlife. Hours for this ultra lounge are Thurs - Sat 9pm till 2am.
- Smashboxx: One of the most popular nightclubs in Old Town, Scottsdale. If you’re looking for a great place for dancing and reasonably priced drinks, this is your place to be. Check out their website for different deals; there's a coupon for complimentary bottles for groups of 6 or more! Can't beat that!
- Café Boa: This is definitely the most pricey location of all our selections. Look for a slightly more mature crowd. Check out the $15 endless mimosas on Sundays for a great start to the morning.
There you have it. Your outdoor eating and drinking palate should be undoubtedly quenched if you hit up some of these locations.
Are we crazy?! Did we miss any Happy Hour hot spots that are perfect for ASU students? Let us know!