Looking to live in one of the best apartments near ASU? Then you’re in the right place. We know the hottest spots where fellow Sun Devils reside and wreak havoc. So check out these top 10 ASU apartments!
1. The Vue - This is the place that gives ASU the party school reputation that it has. Built just 2 years ago, it has already earned the reputation of the hotspot off campus. Conveniently located 1 block from campus, you won't be spending much time going to class while living at this complex. This place feels less like college and more like a David Guetta music video.
2. West 6th- This complex is brand new and somewhat of an unknown. Expected to open in August 2011 --just in time for the fall semester--this apartment boasts a 7th floor pool and spa along with a full gym. When completed, we expect this to be the place for the upper classmen.
3. Vista Del Sol - This is a beautiful complex that is full of amenities and houses some 2,000 residents. Located on the ASU campus, it has a loose affiliation with the school. While it is supposed to be a “dry” complex, don’t count on it as you can often see people out by the pool enjoying a cold one with their friends. This building is definitely a mainstay among the apartments near ASU.
4. Block 1949 - Built just last year, this place has emerged as the main competitor to The Vue. The residents of Bloc often battle with Vue residents over who can throw the best pool party. It is located about 1.5 miles away from campus which means you are going to need a car or bus pass if you plan on making it to class.
5. The Grigio - What was originally built for a crowd of young urban professionals and professors has now turned into a hotspot for ASU students. If you want to live here, plan on maxing out on your student loans or begging your parents for some extra money. The complex's three separate pool areas will run you a high tab.
6. Hayden Square - This is where many seniors move when they want to enjoy their final year. The place for that one last hurrah is just a stumble away from Mill Avenue, which is home to some of Tempe’s hottest bars.
7. Brownstones - This place is very similar to Hayden Square as it is right on Mill, but look for a bit of an older crowd living here. If you are a senior and are looking for a place to live with some real “Quiet hours,” this is the place for you. Don’t be surprised if you see a professor you may have and his family down at the pool. And who said ASU apartments didn't give off a scholarly vibe!
8. The Domain (Campus Suites) - As Greek life at ASU has been moved off campus, this is where many Fraternities have moved. Things can get pretty crazy at this complex. Expect very load music as well as very loud people. If that's what you're looking for, then this is the place for you.
9. The Villagio - Nice little getaway from campus that has a townhouse feel to it. If you want to live here you are either going to need your parents to buy you a place or rent from someone that already owns one of the condos.
10. Gateway - Gateway is more of a staple than anything here at ASU. It’s had its fair share of ups and downs. In years past there have been some problems with crime, but new management has cleaned the place up and it is now looked at as a real bargain among the apartments near ASU.
Are we crazy? Did we miss any ASU apartments that are perfect for college students? Let us know what you think!