You two are Partners in Crime. Go together better than Peanut Butter and Jelly. Matched better than anything from Project Runway. Better sidekicks than Batman and Robin. The only thing missing to solidify your reign of awesomeness is the right castle to call home.
So let’s get to it.
The first place to start is with your budget. Sure, Peanut Butter and Jelly don’t need to worry about rent but, then again, they live in a jar in your cupboard. So to avoid a “hot mess” of a semester, sitting down to put together a budget is the most important place to start. Not even Christian Siriano could make an entire wedding dress line with $20 (well, maybe he could).
It’s not just the bat cave rent you have to worry about. Let’s start with the basics:
• Utilities - unless your super powers cover it
• Cable/Internet - a batcave essential
• Food - even superheroes have to eat
• Decorations - stalactites don’t count
• Furniture - cave rocks aren’t very comfortable
Lucky for you, having a partner in crime as your roommate means you also split all the bills!
But don’t forget that you’ve got other needs too!
• Fashion shows to showcase your gorgeous ‘selves - going out
• Getting’ the nails and hair “did” - because you're fabulous
• Dinners out - style team retreats
So bust out that calculator and start crunching numbers! Once you have some idea of a budget, you can now start your apartment search. Check out our apartments by San Diego State University page for thousands of buildings near campus that you can filter by price, distance from campus and number of bedrooms.
When you’re searching, here are some key things to look for:
• Utilities included?
• Which amenities are most important to you? Make a list and prioritize.
Now that you have your budget, needs and wants in order, check out these great 2+ bedroom apartments near SDSU:
College Campanile: 2 beds, 1 and 2 baths, $1595 to 1795, 1000+ square feet
Plaza Apartments: 2 beds, 2 baths, $1215 to 1285, 845+ square feet
Penthouse Apartments: 2 beds, 2 baths, $1325 to $1350, 1200+ square feet
Are we crazy? Did we miss an SDSU apartment complex that’s perfect for college students? Let us know what you think!