You are the Lone Wolf. The Outlaw. The GDI. Ms. Independent. You are the master of your own domain. You’ve seen the terrors of roommates and have had enough. No more dirty dishes, fighting about whose turn it is to take the trash out, bad hygiene and rent arguments.It’s time to strike out on your own and find the perfect pad. Here are some tips to help you get started on your CU Boulder off campus housing quest:
First question: 1 bedroom or studio?
The easiest way to answer this question is to start with your budget. Maybe outlaws didn’t need budgets back in the ol’ days on the HIll (they just robbed people on the Boulder Creek), but to get the right and perfect bachelor/bachelorette pad every CU Buff needs to figure out their budget.
Unless you plan on living in a box, here are all the basics you need to consider:
- Utilities (unless you like candles and bathing in the Boulder Creek)
- Cable/Internet (Can’t miss Entourage!)
- Food (Munchies, gotta have them!)
- Decorations (not a palace without ‘em!)
- Furniture (unless you are really good at sleeping while standing up)
The trouble with these is that they are actually more expensive flyin’ solo. If you have a friend living nearby try sharing Internet and cable to split the bill. Buffs should trudge along together on their CU Boulder off campus housing journey.
But a Buff’s got other needs too!
- Hitting up Half Fast with the crew (going out)
- Splurging at Flat Irons Mall trying to keep up with Boulder Trends (Basic Clothing and Hygiene needs)
- Spicy Ranch and Cosmos (Delivery is always nice for those unexpected snow storms)
So bust out that calculator and start crunching numbers! Once you have some idea of a budget, you can now start your apartment search. Check out our CU Boulder off campus housing options for hundreds of buildings near campus and filter by price, distance from campus and number of bedrooms.
When you’re looking around some key things to look for:
- Utilities included?
- Which amenities are most important to you? Make a list and prioritize
Here are three great 1-bedroom options we found for apartments near CU Boulder:
Timber Ridge Apartments
- Only .42 miles East of Campus on 30th
- Rent as low as $770 for a one bedroom
- Cats and Dogs Allowed
Gold Run Condo’s
- Huge Spacious one, two and three bedroom Condo’s
- As low as $760 a month
- Only a five minute walk East of Campus
- Right across from the CU Law Building
- One bedrooms around $900
- Pool, Air Conditioning and in Apartment Laundry
Are we crazy? Did we miss a CU Boulder apartment complex that’s perfect for college students? Let us know what you think!